where to get info on car

imported_v12lincoln

In 2001 I wanted information on my '39 Zephyr Limousine. I got some information

from Nakia Blankenbaker NakiaB@hfmgv.org. She was the Administrative Coordinator

at the Henry Ford Museum Research Center. Hope this helps.

Don

I don't know the exact address anymore but a few years ago, I sent in a request to the Henry Ford Museum Archives to get my factory build card for my Zephyr. I think I called and asked how to do it and they gave me the address. I sent in the serial number and a nominal fee and they looked it up and sent me a photocopy of the build card showing the manufacture date, the factory options, color and where it was shipped from the factory. You can go to the the website for "The Henry Ford" (as they are calling it now) at http://www.thehenryford.com

You may have already seen this but I pulled this of the LZOC website under the FAQ section:

Does the Zephyr Club have historical information on the ownership of these cars? I'd like to know where my car was originally sold and who has owned it in the past.

No, the club doesn't have any of this information. You may be able to get some manufacturing and delivery information from the archives of the Ford Motor Company. We suggest you contact:

The Benson Ford Research Center

P.O. Box 1970

20900 Oakwood Blvd.

Dearborn, MI 48124

Telephone: 313-972-6070

Fax: 313-982-6244

Email: rescntr@hfmgv.org

Research From Offsite:

"Recognizing that making a research visit to the Benson Ford Research Center is not always possible, we also offer a fee-based offsite research service. Payment is required at the time of the request. Limited exemptions from research fees are provided for K-12 students. Please See our list of Offsite Research Fees for more information on charges. by phone, (313) 982-6100"

"Research Requests must be made in writing. You can use our email form, fax your request to (313) 982-6244, or send a letter to:

Research Center

The Henry Ford

20900 Oakwood Blvd.

P.O. Box 1970

Dearborn, MI 48121-1970

USA

Vehicle production cards: $20 per copy"