JWalker

Hello all. I've got a 1941 Zephyr club coupe I am restoring. It's currently in the body shop getting ready for paint. V12 engine is already rebuilt, runs great on the engine stand in my garage. It is an early production car, with the Columbia rear end, hot water heater, radio and a very rare option, a vacuum antenna original and correct for 1941. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there.

I have two things to ask: 1)Does anyone know the whereabouts of a good coupe trunk lid for 1940 or 1941? Mine has rust damage (repairable), but I would rather have a better one if I can find it. Naturally the sedan does not fit. Does anyone know if 1942-1948 coupe deck lids will fit? My bet is no, they look larger and longer.

2)I have two vacuum antennas (antennae?) that I believe fit postwar Lincolns, one for Continental, one for Lincoln. But I don't know which is which. Can someone email a photo of the antenna bezel on their car for comparison, maybe length of the tube, color of the tube? One of these is painted gold if that gives anybody a hint.

Merv Adkins, listed in the "Sources" section, is a good place to go for sheetmetal. Hope someone else can help you with regard to the other questions.

I looked at a 41 club coupe once. I was amazed how much room there was in it (much more than my 37). Very, very pretty lines on those cars.

But not a club coupe Ace, but his business coupe takes the same decklid as the club coupe in question, and as a '41 club coupe aficianado myself, I congratulate him on his good taste, incidentally, if you are still in need of mechanical brake parts, I sent a source to Phil K by mistake, all you Texas guys seem alike to me somehow, but if you still need them let me know, Rolf

Rolf,

Cecil is helping me out on the brake in, I also found a few things that are early LZ brake parts behind a man's shed the other day, half buried in the dirt. He thought they had been there since the early 80s. On the 41 Coupe, not an expert as you are, but I am a strong admirer. Jake's was beautiful. I had a 41 Ford business coupe about 25 years ago, just as I got out of college. It was good looking and fun, but the LZ's style is in a whole different class. An early LZ coupe is just special. I love my 4-Door, but someday . . .

Ace