VIN # on 38 Zephyr coupe

Can any one help me locate where the VIN is on a 38 Zephyr coupe? I am trying to get it registered and can't seem to find the numbers.

Thanks,

Tim

EZ up Rolph. I'm not doing another one. The Coupe we did a couple of years ago that won "America's Most Beautiful Street Rod" was sold and the new owner can't find the VIN# to get it registered. It is going to be sold at the Barret-Jackson Auction in January. It will be interesting to see what it brings. Rolph, you wouldn't have wanted this car anyway as it looked like it had been laying in a lake bottom. It had rust holes through the roof. The floor was totally gone. We called it the "collander" it had so many rust holes. I promise I won't cut up any good Zephyrs.

Tim

Hey Tim, guess that makes the sentiments on this site clear, right?? Although I admit I made a semi street rod out of my Zephyr too, just because it was so rusty and incomplete, but at least you guys used a V-12, which the picture of, I use as an example of what the potential of a V-12 is, have heard some criticism of what Tatom charged to build it, but it is one magnificent engine, at any price, even better if it runs, cant resist, these guys love pictures, here is the '38 in question, Rolf

Hey, Tim, just having a little fun with you. Sounds like what you did definitely beats the only other real alternative available for the car, which would have been to part it out. And you kept a V12? -- wow!

But if you ever drop a 350 from that *other* car company into a Zephyr, well, *then* we'll talk mad.gifwink.gif

The VIN # on the 38 is on the top of the drivers side front crossmember and outside of drivers side frame rail behind rear tire. I have cut up a 37 and turned it into a convertible sedan. It was featured in Way Of The Zephyr a couple of years ago.It had a blown big block. I then carved up a 37 coupe and dropped in a 429 and 4wheel independent suspention.It was featured on Speedchannel Dream Car Garage.I have now wacked the top off of a 38 coupe.It will look similar to AMBSR only a convertible.If you guys know of any other zephyrs I can destroy, I mean improve on, let me know.