electric wiper motor

imported_v12lincoln

has anyone converted thier 46-48 Lincoln to electric windshield wipers? and if so could you tell me where you bought them. I know Vintage Ford has a set up for 46-48 Fords but I am not sure if it is interchangable, anyone have an interchange manual? By the way this is pandamarie, for some reason this site wont recognize my password so I had to change everything.

• 8 years later...

I changed my 48 out to electric years ago. I bought the motor from Drake, same as the ford motor for these years. only problem is there is no auto stop and the sweep is a little more, But it works good all the time. If you still have the vacuum motor try squirting a little gear oil in it, let it sit for about an hour for the oil to soak into the felt and then give it a try, did this to my original one and it is still working like new but on another car.

Look online for Drake ford parts, Sorry I dont have their web address.

• 1 month later...
Guest dandeman

My Father Fabricated one from early fifties Mopar unit for his 41 Continental. I have one of these wiper motors if you wanted to try I'm not sure how he engineered it I was only a youngster when he did this.

Hello dandeman,

My name is Michael Bengtsson from Sweden and own a 1946 LC. Is it possible for you to send me some photos or anything showing your fathers fabricated electric windshield wiper motor.

Or is there anyone else LC coupe owner who will sell me an electric one?

Please get back to me at email: janmichael56@gmail.com

Thanks

Michael

My Father Fabricated one from early fifties Mopar unit for his 41 Continental. I have one of these wiper motors if you wanted to try I'm not sure how he engineered it I was only a youngster when he did this.