1974 maverick with V8

We have acquired a 1974 maverick with factory installed 302 8 cylinder(special ordered this way have original window sticker and maintenace records to prove) can anyone give information on finding headers for this. I am told that restoring to original is not the desire since it is a one of a kind. I am looking for fuel efficiency and power instead.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Wyatt

While the common 6 cyl. versions were far more plentiful, V8 Mavericks and Comets were also quite common at one time. It is definitely not a one-off car, just a better optioned car. The V8 was available starting in 1970. Since they share similar chassis set ups with the early Falcon, headers should be easy to find.

Quite true. If you have any questions about your Mav, ask us on mmb.maverick.to. This interactive message board has info on most everything Maverick/Comet '70-'77. Whether it us who belong to Maverick/Comet Club International or not, we're always glad to help a fellow Mav owner. There's a lot of talk on the header topic and a lot of info to be had there.

• 1 month later...

If your car has an automatic trans. headers won't fit. If you just want dual exhaust go to Midas. Coat around $500.

Check out my restoration of a 73 Mav pkrd Please note it is not one-of-a-kind. Some parts are non existant, to name one the "rear window weather seal". Good luck