Dash removal

Silver Streak

After you remove the two screws at the vents, you may also want to remove the two screws that just may be above your instrument display. They were in mine, don't know if it came from the factory that way but I came close to snapping some plastic before I found these.

Good Luck

Be gentle when pulling out on the plastic trim piece once the screws are removed. If the dash has not been apart the clips can be stuck on pretty good. I like to use a hook insturment to get behind the trim piece and pull straight out. Once the trim is out of the way the radio is very easy to access. When reinstalling the trim, I like to put a little white lithium lube or something similar on the clips. There are plenty of delco repair facilities that can repair your radio/tape player or do a direct swap out for you at a fairly reasonable price.

OK, I got all four screws out and it is loose at the ends and over the guages, but is still tight over the heater/radio area. Is this where the clips are located? If so what is the nature of the clips: how large , direction (up, angled, horizontal), tool needed? the bottom is still tight, are there clips there?

Thanks for the replies and thanks in advance...

SS