1930 Rubber shock insulators

• 10 months later...

Good question.I have a 1928 "72" and have tried all the above suppliers with no succcess as I don't have the originals to use as patterns.There are 72s and 75s out there on the road so someone must have the answers.Information please.

Doug McKay.

Bought my shock insulators from Steele Rubber, a bit on the expensive side- $500+. But, they look like they will fit. Might have to order another set for our other car. Give them a call, it looks like they have them in stock and packaged in sets for different car models.

• 1 month later...

I contacted Steele Rubber Vice President W Vaughan on wvaughan@steelerubber.com and he was extremely helpful, coming back to me very promptly with their parts numbers for my 1928 Chrysler "72'.I then placed my order by email to Cynthia Dancoff at cdancoff@steelerubber.com and the parts were here in Australia in about 10 days.

They fit perfectly and I am very pleased with the service I received from Steele Rubber.

As far as I can see, as I also have a 1930 V70 chassis,

the spring insulators for your 1930 "70" should be the same as for my 1928 "72".If that is the case the parts numbers should be the same.

On that assumption,if it is of assistance,the parts numbers for my order were as follows:

4 each 40-0527-98

2 each 40-0528-98

2 each 40-0531-98

Please let me know how you get on with your order and the progress of your car generally as I am interested in anything to do with vintage Chryslers.

Regards,

Doug McKay.

• 3 months later...

Ordered parts from Steele and they look as if they will fit, will order a second set for our other car. We are now trying to locate new bottom seal for the roll up windshield used on these cars. The one that is sold by Steele doesn't fit, it is for a Fisher body. Ours are Northway and Murray bodies. Sorry for such a long delay in the response!