vin. # for a 39 zephyr coupr

hi can anybody please tell where to look for the vin. # on my 1939 zephry,also this car is missing the hood what other lincoln hoods will fit?..thanks Jim Hayden

Guest delson

Jim: The frame number is located on the front cross member next to the left motor mount. I have a good '39 hood for sale. Where do you live?

Don Elson

Guest imported_V12Bill

VINs can also be found on the left side , side rail about 8 " to 10" forward of the shock absorber. A less reliable location is the transmission bell housing just above the inspection opening. The trans. location may not be correct if the trans was ever replaced. Use a wire brush to clean rust and crud from the numbers.

Bill

Don thanks for the info, as soon as i get the car into the daylight i can look for the vin # as for the hood i live in north jersey,yes my lights just came back on after about 6 hours..what would a hood run me for this car,not that i need it right now,there is so much more work that needs to be done first..thats even if i decide to keep the car at all,i might just sell it off...anybody who would like me to e-mail them some photos of the car can contact me at JPHPREC@AOL.COM THANKS JIM HAYDEN