1933 Dodge Brothers Pickup

I am starting to restore a 1933 Dodge Brothers pickup made in Canada. Can anyone help with the following questions:

- What was the design on the hub caps?

- How can I confirm the year of subject from the serial number

- What is the most effective way of seraching for parts

Hope to hear from all your expertise soon.

Jack

Romar Parts, supplies and service Titusville, PA 814-827-7601 (fax-7161) will get you some of your parts. Their catalog is always changing so order a new one. If you see a part in there you need, order it immediatly because they may not have it when you want it. What other parts are you looking for, I have searched for many things and may be able to save you a bunch of time.

If you have the #'s off the truck and the engine there are people out there who have books they can look them up in, if they don't respond email me the info and I will forward it to them. (Todd, are you out there??)

Oh, and join the Dodge Brothers Club. The dues include their magazine that has lots of great advertizers for parts and such.

Good luck!!

Guest imported_RAH

Jack,

You neglected to mention if the wheels are artillary or wire, but they would both have 'block script' "DODGE" as opposed to the 'eyebrow' design of the passenger cars. Regarding the serial number on the model HC or HCL of '33, the Canadian serial number range started from 8,910,101. I am currently into a project of a '34 KC pickup. I would recommend joining the Dodge Brothers Club if you haven't yet done so. If I can be of further assistance leave me a personal note.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

While amazingly similar to the star of david the real significance of the "six pointed star" is that it symbolizes the fact that Dodge Brothers cars are known at the 6 points of the globe, at least Henry Austin Clark and others thus explained it to me years ago.

Oh, if you could get a Caddy model 30, they are such reliable, beautifully engineered cars.

I personally know 4 local guys who own them,one of whom drives his every day!

A number of folks on this board are more familiar with them than I and I'm sure will agree with me.

Rodger

The wheels are the wire type and serial number is 8910676, I have applied to join the Dodge Brothers club. Thanks for your assistance.

Jack

HI Hank

I am informed that the engine was good when it was shut down in 1957. The pickup has been under cover since that time, oil looks clean, more checking to carried out.

Jack

Guest imported_RAH

Jack,

It sounds like your pickup is an early '33 and would be an 'HC' model. It should have an engine number starting with "T5-". The factory original wire wheels were 5.25 x 17" but accessory 6.00 x 16" were also available. Hubcaps were the same for both.

By the way the 'Star of David', frequently erroneously referred to on Dodge Brothers cars, is not even a star but rather two interlocking triangles one white and one black superimposed on a field of a world map.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley