Vent window Crank Handles

Guest imported_V12Bill

Guest imported_V12Bill

This is a minor question, but it is bugging me.

My 48 Lincoln came with two different vent window cranks. They are both chrome with the same pattern and both have red plastic knobs. The knobs are of different design and the metal handles are l/4 "differrent in length. Does anyone have any ideas as to why and when a change was made?

There were some minor interior changes made in the the late '47-'48 models. the difference you see may be that one is from the '46 to early '47 and the other one is the later model? Next big question - which is right? Maybe some members can measure their car crank handle length on a '46 and a '48 and let you know?

Guest imported_V12Bill

Peecher,What I believe to be the earlier crank handle the plastic knob measures 7/8 " in dia. X 3/4" in len. The metal portion measures about 2" center to center. The other crank handle knob measures 5/8" in dia. X l" in len. The metal portion measures l 3/4" center to center. I saw a 46 at a show last week and it had the 7/8" dia. knob. My 48 LC has the 5/8" dia. knob and I can only assume they are correct. I would be interested to hear what others have on their cars... by the way, the 48 knob is in the path (arc) of the glove box door on my 48 Zephyr, but the LC door clears the same knob.