"blinking" light monitor lamps on early 90s Park Avenue

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

Another recent possible problem with my car is that while looking for a bad fuse when checking my cooling fan- I noticed a blown fuse in the "light monitor, oil-level/life, coolant level lamp. I installed a new fuse (correct amp) and the light monitor started working, but all of the lights (on the monitor) was constantly blinking off and on. Also- the "change oil soon" lamp was illuminated, although I changed the oil less than 1000 miles ago. I did not even know it had a "low coolant & change oil" warning lamp. How do you reset the "change oil lamp"? I am sure that the owners manual states how to do this, but I have misplaced mine. Also, is the system malfunctioning since the light monitors lamp constantly flashes? All of the lights on the car work fine. Thanks for any information.

Guest Shaffer

Tony, for the oil light, look under the passender side dash. You should see a hole that looks like a pen could fit in it. I think you need to stick something in there, like a pen, while the key in turned to the acc position. I think you keep it pressed for x amount of seconds and it resets the light. As for the lamp monitor, it usually will stop blinking after you start driving and maybe use some of the various lights, i.e. backup lamps, headlights, etc. I think it needs to see the lights working to reset itself.