eldebrock 2x2 intake

Does anyone here have a 2x2 intake on thier V12? I just put mine on the engine and found the linkage all wrong. I have a pair of 97s on it and the linkage works the oppisite direction from the Lincoln throttle linkage. being 97s there is no way to turn the throttle shafts around and still have the accelorator pumps work. Tried making a bell crank but there seemed to be to much pressure on the linkage and it was either wide open or nothing. Does anyone have a fix for this? also is there a Lincoln 3 bolt carb whos linkage works the same way as the 4 bolt carb?

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Guest imported_V12Bill

3 Bolt Lincoln carbs from the early 40's are basically the same as the 4 bolt carb of the later 40's. The biggest difference is the 3 or 4 bolt base.. How about

a bellcrank linkage to reverse the direction.?

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if you have tried to install another type of a carburetor such as a 98? Also have you tried to contact Edelbrock for a set of instructions for this installation?

I am going to put a V-12 firing order with a Triplet layout of the cylinders that fire in the order of the L.Z. It likely won't help but is interesting. It seems that the two left venturis feed the left cyls. and the two right venturis feed the right

side cylinders. It ought to work if you can get them balanced correctly and should not affect the idle if properly balanced. Yours M.L. Anderson

http://home.earthlink.net/~leslie9958/_uimages/V-12TRIPLETSLAYOUT.JPG