need marmon model 34 fenders

I have a 1917 model 34 . we are in need of front fenders and running boards to get our project closer to completion. ron

• 3 years later...

I didn't understand the way a forum like this worked so I posted this info a couple years ago with no way to contact me. I am however gaining on my project car a 1917 marmon cloverleaf. We actually bought an extra body off E-bay last week. It had some running boards and other misc parts we were still missing. However, we still need front fenders and a hood. If there are any leads I would please contact me. Thanks Ron

• 1 year later...
Guest GreenSixteen

Ron: Are you related to Wendell Platt, a Marmon owner (of what he thought was a 1916 Model 34) from Idaho who belonged to the Marmon Club in 1979? How is your project coming along? If you aren't related to Wendell, I am in the process of compiling a registry of all known Marmon cars, and I would love to be able to add your car to the list. You can contact me directly at gcbradley@embarqmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Ron - I realize this is a very old posting, but thought there might be a chance you checked it occasionally. I am looking for 34B parts - engine and headlight. Any chance you have extras or know where I might find? Thanks, David

Guest oldgascar

David,

Check with Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tennessee. This huge gun shop has a antique car museum in its building with lots of parts hanging from the cieling. They have a Marmon on display with their 20 plus other cars. Maybe they can help, if not maybe they can give some leads as where to get parts.[

Good luck...

Bob F.

Lou., Ky.

QUOTE=dpeeler;1186801]Ron - I realize this is a very old posting, but thought there might be a chance you checked it occasionally. I am looking for 34B parts - engine and headlight. Any chance you have extras or know where I might find? Thanks, David

• 3 weeks later...

Your right , I dont check this page very often. We do have some extra engine parts, not sure of serial #s. Try to remember to check this page more often. What style headlights do you have? I have seen different styles. Ron

Ron - Looking for the following for my 1920 7 pass touring:

Engine - water pump, oil line ~ 1" dia and both fittings on front of block (from crankcase up to head), water neck on front of head (to upper radiator hose), starter bendix and gear, coil (a good housing will do and I'll insert a modern coil).

Headlight - I have found an original pair with parking light below (on pipe like fitting) and need the larger lens rings and 2 lens - bubble type, 9 7/8" size

Front splash apron sheet metal below radiator with crank hole cover (screw on type that is plated)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, David ( dpeeler5@carolina.rr.com )