1995 olds aurora-owners,prev owners,mechanics familar etc

Looking for owners, previous owners,friends of owners, and mechancis familar with the 1995 olds aurora to share solutions and find solutions to electrical problems that seem to be in defective design. There are similar complaints to federal gov. safety web site for this car, so it is not unique to my vehicle.

The car seems to have unique problems with computers, alternators and electrical system. Any suggestions on where to post request for those people to contact me?

Some people I have talked to have had transmissions rebuilt only to find it was a computer donnapaca@aol.com problem not actually transmission. Transmission shop did not advise them of that possibility.

Pleasesee repair history below. The alternators seem to damage the computers (sending periodiac spikes?) and the dealers even seem not to solve, just keep replacing alternator and damaged computers.

34,603 miles (11-25-97) diagnose electrical problems-replace radio.

44,513 miles (8-19-98) diagnose electrical problems, replace alternator controller, PCM/VCM (computers)

49,098 miles (12-30-98) diagnose electrical problems, again replace alternator (alternator is causing computers to fail)

63,420 miles (3-1-2000)- I purchase at end of my partner's lease and he leased new Aurora-dealer never advise him the electrical problems would be reoccurring. Dealer performed major 60,000 service and indicated the care was fine.

65,777 miles (7-9-2001) The car backfired while wife was crossing busy intersection and was not very responsive (it also started missing). I was just able to get to local garage next to intersection to try to at least get repair it enough to drive. I had no idea it would require major repair since it had only been 2,357 since it had a complete major 60,000-mile dealer service.

The repairs ($2,480) included the ignition module, ECM (computer), Electrical brake control module (ABS system), and alternator. The diagnostic showed the alternator malfunction was damaging the above components. This is the third alternator in 21,264 miles (and second EMC ). There is a manufacture design problem and the manufacture appears not to be able to fix it.

Currently (6-5-03)have 70,940 miles and has been at dealer for 10 days. Dealer has replaced main computer with 4 replacement rebuilds and still getting problem code, that was not being generated by replaced computer. GM is sending "new" not rebuilt computer to see if it will eliminate problem codes.

Please help with what keeps causing the problem.