WANTED: 1941 Rear fender gravel shields

Need gravel shields for a 1941 Special "A" body Model 44C. Also, stainless trim pieces that go on the bottom of shields with fender skirt application.

I have a pair of NOS gravel shields for a 41 Special.I know they are for a Special because they would not fit my Super.The guy I got them from was working on a short wheelbase Special (Fisher "A" body),and I dont know whether they would not fit or he just sold the car. I would need some way to know whether they were the right ones.

Unfortunately, I don't know the part numbers for the "A" body. I do however have the following:

1320136 & 1320137 for 1941 40B-60-90

1320138 & 1320139 for 1941 50-70

I can only assume if they are some P/N other than these and they are a little smaller/narrower, they would fit the "A" body. What P/N's do you have?

Where are you located?

Unfortunately, the only box left has the end flap missing,so I will need a paper template to ascertain if these are for a SWB or regular size Special My parts book will have the PN, but that does me little good as the pn is missing from the box.

The P/N is located on the back of the rubber part of the shields just above the metal on the ones that I have. Pethaps it would also be located the same place on the ones that you have????

I don't have anything to make a template from as the shields that I have are not for the SWB Special.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't Steele Rubber make repro stuff for this application? I'd check there, too.

Also, if you find those little stainless trim pieces for the bottom of the gravel shields, consider yourself lucky. They're virtually impossible to find. I've been looking for a set for my Century for about a year now and haven't found even one.

Hope this helps.

He emailed me for the parts numbers and I sent them. There are three different sets, one for the 40-60-90, one for the 50-70 and one for the 44C-44S-48 short wheelbase Specials. As for the moldings, as I recall they were used only on cars with fender skirts. It's been 25 years since I owned a '41 and twenty years since I stopped selling parts.

• 7 years later...