Value of 53 Olds 88 Rocket

I recently found a 53 Olds 88 Rocket 4 door that I wish to buy. The elderly gentleman wont set a price. I'd like to know if anyone knows what its relative value might be. Its a one owner car. He said it has 275,000 miles on it and ran when parked in 1977. He said he dumped 3 gallon of oil down the carb to fill up the engine so it wont stick. It has a real good body. There is some rust holes above the rear quarters and some surface rust on the car. Interior is very good. Chrome is good. All good glass. The only defect I can see is that it is missing one taillight. On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd rate it a 5, possibly a 6. I know you cant put a price on sentimental value; but any help in what this might be worth would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is what NADA has to say ...

1953 Oldsmobile DELUXE 88

4 Door Sedan

MSRP

Original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price when new $2,327

Low Retail Average Retail High Retail

Base Price $3,825 $7,350 $11,100

Total Price $3,825 $7,350 $11,100

Other Vehicle Information

Model Number: N/A

Weight: 3642

Palletmaster, be careful. 275,000 miles??? GALLONS OF OIL DOWN THE CARBUETOR!! I wonder where it went to! Anyway, the rust may lead to bigger problems and you really need to make sure it is not more widespread than you think....these type of cars are rather plentiful. Four-doors do not sell for a great amount of money unless they are mint, low mileage. Without seeing the car, it still sounds like a 2-3k car max. If you do all the work yourself you may not be concerned with the expense of restoring it but since it has sat so long...seals, gaskets, hoses and fuel system all may need major work let alone the brake system. I'd be very, very wary if this is a first time venture.