road runner horn --- ?

Bought a repro. road runner horn from year one some time ago and put it on a "64" Chrysler but it never really sounded like the original ones.

Did not have a horn relay with it and do not know if that makes any difference or not. Sure would like any input.

Chuck

When I was in high school and those Road Runners were new, the horn sounded similar to the 6 volt horn on our '51 GMC pickup that I drove to school. One day, whoever it was that drove the Road Runner honked (beeped) at someone. I answered with the GMC's "beep beep" and laughed.

Haven't heard what the repros sound like lately. All horns typically are run with a relay circuit, making the relay a switch of sorts (using a lesser voltage to trigger a full battery power).

There is a small screw on the horn that is an adjustment for the tone. You might try adjusting it 1/4 turn one way or the other to see if it changes it to what you think it should be. You might seek out a similar car at a car show and see if the owner will "beep beep" for you and compare notes.

Just some thoughts

NTX5467