Wanted: 1941 Lincoln Continental V-12 engine

I'm beginning a frame off restoration on a 41 Lincoln Continental.

The first thing I need in the engine. Will 1937-40 V-12 engines fit the 1941 ?

I'm guessing they would, but not at all sure.

Any and all ideas, contacts and suggestions in assinsting this massive project

are greatly appreciated.

rob.m.king@aexp.com

I'm also going to need a front axel (to keep this car original). The owner mentioned that a mustang front axel comes w/ the car but is not attached.

I'm not even sure a Mustang axel would fit. I'd rather keep it original.

Can you tell me what year front axels will fit the 41 Continental?

My guess 37-48 ? yes, no?

I wouldn't monkey around with that "mustang" front axle! I believe that front axles for Zephyrs and Continentals were the same for '39-'41. '42s and newer were alittle wider and lower? Some one will contact you with the p/n's and such. DP

You certainly can't mean a literal "frame-off" restoration! These Lincolns are unit-body cars. To achieve the results of a "frame-off" restoration will require the use of a rotisserie which will enable you to turn the car upside down to work on the undercarriage. I'd be very careful about selecting the correct V-12 engine for this car. While it is true that they'll all fit, there are subtle differences that any judge will notice. I'd also stay away from the Mustang II front end. The Mustang II was a light weight car and the Lincoln is definitely a heavyweight. There are companies out there that will produce a Mustang II-like front end that will carry the extra weight, but it's absolutely NOT correct in a Lincoln Continental! If you want to show this car competitively and take home a few trophies, you'll need to have a meticulous, correct restoration. I would recomend that you join the Lincoln Continental Owners Club (www.lcoc.org) and get an authenticity manual.