AACA /Fla. region show

Mike Bartlett

Let me echo these comments. This was a great show, put on by many HARD WORKING AND DEDICATED Florida Region members. The Chairman was jovial all weekend, the field was layed out superbly. As to the weather, I was at the entrance passing out the plaques, so early in the morning I "drew a line in the sand" against rain by marking the entrance with my umbrella stuck into the ground <smile>. I must have had the power, or somebody did. I didn't rain. There were 325 cars on the field and everybody seemed to have a good time. Now it's on to Greenville, SC in April.

Guest Art Griffin

The Florida Region, AACA, is to be commended for a well-planned and well-executed National Meet. They really did a great job, and on behalf of the many Cape Canaveral Region members who attended, many thanks for all the hard work!

Next year at this time, the Cape Canaveral Region has the pleasure of hosting the 2004 Winter Meet, so we hope we can do half as good a job as the Florida Region! (We hope to see everybody March 4-6, 2004, in Melbourne, FL.)

Art,

It's about time I saw one of your posts here!

I did enjoy the Orlando Meet myself. I was able to meet quite a few people I've conversed with here on the Forums (and off). I also spent time with Fran, Doug and John, learning a great deal so I can work on strategies for the 2004 Spring National Meet Junior and Youth programs in Melbourne. I took nearly 200 pictures at the show, many fine cars to see. The weather cooperated, the public seemed to really enjoy the show as well, and our region (Cape Canaveral) had I believe 19 cars in the show. Not a bad turn out. Sure hope to meet more of the DF'ers at the events throughout this year, and the coming years. Always nice to put a face to a name... and to find out that folks like Ron Barnett are even nicer in person than on the forum (I didn't even think that was possible!).

Thanks to Orlando for a great time!

Rich