1968 ford t-bird 2dr. parts

Guest AlK

Having sold my 33K mile t-bird and the person not wanting to spend the extra money for the spare parts, they are now available. If you have a basic shell, the parts that I have will rebuild it. I have about 60% of a car. fenders doors, two sets of seats, window glass, wiring, inner fenders, trim bumpers, valance panals, + boxes of ????? this is an all or nothing deal. I spent an afternoon calling all the t-bird dealers i could find to get prices for the major items, and I stopped calling when I hit $3300. I will sell all of this for under $1,000. the 1968 is a bear of a year to find anything for as any of you that has one can atest to, and as the dealers have told me. In spite of this the dealers don't want the parts because they can't get them all for $50. The idea is to sell the parts not give them away. Surely there is someone out there who is working on a 1968 t-bird that can use these.

• 4 months later...

You mean out of the 23 people that read this post, not one of you needs these parts??? Still got 'em. 68' are the rarest of the 67/69 range, nothing from a 67 fits and nothing from a 69 fits, even though the 67 stuff will fit the 69 and vice-versa. E-mail me at

lordladymopak@webv.net

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know where a whole '68 coupe sits, rotting, and it probably will for a long time when you can buy a running car on eBay for $500, the same year. Not a popular car, for whatever reason. I couldn't even see any interest in '61-'63 ragtops or a '67/8 Galaxie XL fastback. Kind of a shame, the T-bird was driven to where it's been parked the last 20-odd years, it's not scary yet but it will be before much longer.

• 1 year later...

Just renewing. 222 lookers. Maybe somebody has materialized that needs these part. It is strange, but I think it has to do with the desirability. The 68 was a mongrel year 67-69 will not fit though they will fit each other and nothing from 68 will fit 67-69. So if someone is doing a 68 they will be hard pressed to find these parts at a reasonable price, other than mine.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Out of 1427 lookers, not one of you needs these parts????

O.K. price reduction to $500/or make offer. I don't want these to go to the junk yard, but I may not have much choice.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Out of 1427 lookers, not one of you needs these parts????

O.K. price reduction to $500/or make offer. I don't want these to go to the junk yard, but I may not have much choice.

You might have a lot better luck on one of the T-Bird or Ford forums. Even better put them on ebay and they'll probably be gone PDQ though being as close to Christmas as it is car parts get a bit slow even on ebay.

Jim