'39 Spindles and Kingpin questions

I need to know what year spindles interchange with '39 spindles and are '40 and '41 spindles the same?

Also, who sells a quality kingpin rebuild kit? I'll need new bushings and bearings, but the kingpins look salvagable.

Hi Roman, really need to check a LZ parts catalog for sure, but I am relatively positive that '39-'41 spindles are exactly the same, quite possibly right on through to '48, but I am not certain of that. If the Kingpin sets are still "in print" they will have all the bearings, bushings etc with the kit, I would recommend ordering them from a large truck supply parts-house, they would be more likely to know of a supplier than your local NAPA outlet, would be good to replace the pins too, they don't wear much, but that is a critical area. If worse comes to worse, check Hemmings magazine, seem to remember extensive sources for that sort of stuff there, good luck, OC

Looking in the "Lincoln Classis Parts Catalogue" The 39 & 40 Spindle with P/N 96H 3105 are the same. The 41 P/N is 16H 3105, the 42 to 48 with P/N 26H 3105 are the same. I have the part numbers from the book, I don't know if they are all the same. I hope this will help. cool.gif

Thanks Willie, really have to get one of those books, they are sure handy. Usually when there is a number change like that, there is a difference, but as you say it can be a big change, or a very minor difference that wouldn't affect interchangabilty, almost have to look at them side by side to tell, OC