license plate frames

Does anybody know if the license plate frames sold here on LZOC "products" are for the old long plates from the '30's? and/or where can i find a pair of frames to fit 1937 Cal. plates?

I've seen a pair on one vehicle with the month and year tabs sticking out of the top of the frame, thats kinda what i'm looking for. any help will be appreciated Thanks. Mike

Hey Mike, good question, I was wondering if those frames would work on my '41 California plates too, if not, it seems like a good item to add, as the Year Of Manufacture plate law in California at least is going to materially increase the desirability, wouldn't be surprised to see "reproduction YOM" license plates soon, did the plates you saw have a logo on the top or bottom?? Rolf

Thanks for the info Diz, I was hoping those frames would fit the vintage plates from the '30-'40's, I got "LAKERS" frame on my new car, wouldn't want to replace those if I would've ordered the "LZOC" frames.

The frames i saw were on a 1940 FORD cruising down the 101 fwy in Hollywood, very nice car i may add, there were a at least 15 classics all in line that sunday afternoon. If i recall correctly since i've been looking for frames for a while now, i was trying to pay attention to the frames on that ford: they fit very snug around the plate not too thick just a fine chrome line around the plate and on the TOP side of the frame the month tab about 2" from the left corner and then the logo that read " '40 FORD " then the year tab on the right corner , which i thought looked really nice, since i wouldnt want to put the stickers on the plate itself. I'm almost ready to register my '37 and i want those FRAMES, even if someone has the means to make them in their garage i would buy a pair. Meanwhile i will keep searching. Mike

Well gang, my sources have come up with an answer, perhaps not the best answer, but one, at least, on the 'net, CW Moss, just like in Bonnie and Clyde, he has these, OC;

Early Style License Plate Frames

These frames are designed to fit the original early 14" x 6" license plates, with nearly round or square corners. The frames are die-stamped steel chrome plated. License plate mount holes are 7 3/4" x 5 1/8" center to center.

C) AC-084 Round corners $15.00 ea.

D) AC-085 Square corners $15.00 ea.