Plymouth Owners Club Inc.

Peter Gariepy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Straightaxle

In my humble opinion, no owner of an *older* antique Plymouth (antique starts at 25 yrs., my Ply in 65 yrs., that's *older*! ) should be without membership. They provide a huge service to their members in parts sources alone!

Dennis

• 2 years later...

I registered on the POC forum site Saturday, but can't access the search function or post function. Am I doing something wrong, or is the site not working properly? thanks, Robt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ted, I don't think that is true. I will say that the club started as the 4 cylinder owners club (1928-1932) and then expanded to Plymouths over 25 years old. Most of what you see in the club today and attending national events are late 30's to mid 50's. The four cylinder people try to get together on there own a couple of times a year, because of the slower speeds and cross over parts. You may find more in common and more support from a MoPar mussel car club. Those people would be a better resource for you than the very few 1970's POC members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to the Catalog of American Car ID Numbers:

1st digit P = Fury, identifying the car line

2nd digit H = Signet, Belvidere II, Sport Fury, Barracuda, identifies the series

3rd and 4th digits 27 = 2-Dr. Convertible, identifies the body style

5th digit H = 383 CID (4BBL) Hi Perf, identifies the engine

6th digit 7 = Model Year

7th digit 4 = Belvedere, Il, identifies the assembly plant

Last 6 represent the basic production number starting at 100001/up

Hope this helps

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DavidCa

Can a club rep. post a few details of your National meet in Santa Maria. Specifically the hours and exact location. I'm not a Plymouth club member so don't have have your news letter to refer to, and I couldn't sign in as a guest on your club page because the function was disabled. I'm considering driving my 1950 Plymouth up from Newport Beach to your Sat. show. Thanks, David

• 7 months later...
Guest Timothy D Bowers

Is the forum moderator for the Plymouth Owner's Club available? I've submitted my application (twice!) for access to the web forum, and haven't gotten any response at all; even to ask if I've been rejected for some reason?!

• 1 year later...

I have a 1939 Plymouth P8 sedan. I need some distributor parts and new coil and coil mounting bracket. I tried to order some replacement parts from Andy Bernbaum but it wound up that they did not have any.

It's getting hot down here in Austin, Texas and I would like to get this old guy (the car)running before the real heat wave.

Who have you found to be the best parts source?

Thanks for your help.

John Shoemaker

1939 Plymouth P-8

• 3 months later...

I have on more than one occasion tried to register on that sitre but have never been able to complete due to "site not available" when I submit..I agree the spammers are out there and in full force..I have been asked by a number of POC members to check the site out and such..any other method to register..?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nick_DeSimone
Can a club rep. post a few details of your National meet in Santa Maria. Specifically the hours and exact location. I'm not a Plymouth club member so don't have have your news letter to refer to, and I couldn't sign in as a guest on your club page because the function was disabled. I'm considering driving my 1950 Plymouth up from Newport Beach to your Sat. show. Thanks, David

David:

I just ran across this old posting and wasn't aware the Golden State Region did not post the 2007 National Meet here.

Anyway if you are interested in attending any of the Golden State Region events/activities as a guest, send me your contact information and I will make sure you are notified. Email address, phone number, etc.

• 1 month later...

Say I was wondering if anybody could help I'm considering restoring a 1970 plymouth road runner. I never fooledd around with plymouths before and I would like to know what parts are impossible to get and whats available for them, where to get some good lierture on serial numbers and codes, and a couple of good clubs to join. If you can help I sure would appreciate it

thanks

rtjavelin:)

Say I was wondering if anybody could help I'm considering restoring a 1970 plymouth road runner. I never fooledd around with plymouths before and I would like to know what parts are impossible to get and whats available for them, where to get some good lierture on serial numbers and codes, and a couple of good clubs to join. If you can help I sure would appreciate it

thanks

rtjavelin:)

My friend Galen Govier lives in Prairie Du Chein and decodes fender tags for MoPar muscle cars. Go to GTS Home to find what you need.

Guest tdebuys

I keep trying to register at the plymouth club web site...."Sorry, registration is currently disabled. " When is it up or is it ever up and running?

Thanks, Tom

I keep trying to register at the plymouth club web site...."Sorry, registration is currently disabled. " When is it up or is it ever up and running?

Thanks, Tom

I think you have to do it by emailing the site administrator. My registration on that site predates the issue he was having with spammers when he changed the registration rules, so I am not really sure. It is a very slow message board without a lot of traffic.

Guest tdebuys

Heh, HI 33,,, **grin** well I'll keep trying till I eventually solve the problem. The people on this AACA site are so successful in helping to educate me I figure another group might be equally useful. I'm sure getting a college education in auto restoration and auto history on line... no degree to show for it, but a great education. It sure helps to get help when you're lost... and I'm in so far over my head it'll take a year for me to figure out what to do next. Work on my 34 car is proceeding nicely, but the 36 car is giving me some parts problems. I also acquired an extra 36 motor which is free and turning, but without many components....heh.. by the time I replace them I could probably have purchased 2 finished motors. I bought a rotisserie yesterday and look forward to being able to work on the cars with a bit less stress on these old limbs. Have a great day!

Thanks, Tom

• 5 months later...
Guest broker-bob

I am in NJ and have been a member Plymouth owner's club for 30 years-----I have a 31 and 36,,when I joined it was only 4 cylinder cars,,,,, now I think they have expanded into the 70s,,,,it is a fine club that puts out a fine Bulletin and for any one that is a car person a great tool----MY OPONION------------bobnroman@yahoo.com

post-63841-143138208479_thumb.jpg

post-63841-143138208482_thumb.jpg

Edited by broker-bob (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest broker-bob

I have a 32 PA plymouth for 35 years and a 36 plymouth-------------been in Ply owners club for maybe 30 years,,,great club,,,great Mag,,,,,not all cars will get the same exposure,,the contents need to be sent in mostly be members some times people complain that they doint see stuff ABOUT THEIR CAR OH WELL

life's not fare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone know why, after 8 months, I cannot get an email response to my online registration in order to join the discussion on the Plymouth Owners Website? Obviously, from the older parts of this particular forum, this has been a problem for years. Why have an online discussion page if new members have no way of joining it? New members are the future of your club and they will soon be former members if you cannot provide basic benefits that are offered in the membership description. Thanks for any help.

• 1 year later...
Guest Ragman

I joined a little while back. Great outfit!

My first Bulliton featured the 1928 Plymouth. The exact year that i just aquired. Bowled me over!!

Ragman (SteveG on their site)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi to all I have a 1937 dodge and am looking for a instrument cluster that has good numbering on it and is complete  it is the round type with floating power in the middle of the instruments  .will help some on with a hood badge and another Plymouth badge  my email is gliderpilot@Kinect.co.nz

Hi to all I have a 1937 dodge and am looking for a instrument cluster that has good numbering on it and is complete  it is the round type with floating power in the middle of the instruments  .will help some on with a hood badge and another Plymouth badge  my email is gliderpilot@Kinect.co.nz

Try either buy/sell forum or Plymouth forum further down the page as it might bring more traffic.