DeSoto Club Link

Peter Gariepy

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest valleydesoto

I AM RESTORING A 1937 DESOTO, WE HAVE A PROBLEM. THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT APPEAR ORIGINAL. THE CAR HAS BEEN IN THE FAMILY FOR 72 YEARS BUT THE TRANSMISSION WAS REBUILT SEVERAL YEARS AGO. WE ARE ATTEMPTING TO DETERMINE IF IT IS THE ORIGINAL OR A LATER MODEL/MAKE ADAPTED TO OUR CAR. THE DESOTO HAS OVERDRIVE. THE ONLY I.D. ON THE CASE IS T-86A-1 ON ONE LINE AND BELOW THAT IT READS W.G. DIV. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. BILL

360-898-4488

• 11 months later...

UPDATE!!!Aparently the National Desoto club has changed their policies concerning who can interact on their forum, I asked the moderator for sign up procedure and was told that unless I am a club member I cannot interact with other Desoto owners.

Dosent seem to make a lot of sense, its already tough enough to get people interested in these old slow cars and telling them they have to dish out cash first to become a member just to talk with other members is in my opinion not a good decision.

I dont own a Desoto ( and at this point have no interest in owning one ) but do own a 29/30 Dodge and these vehicles have a lot in common as I have learned by talking with the few Desoto owners I have been lucky enough to speak with.

I have an interest in sharing and learning about Desotos but apparently it isnt what the club is interested in.:confused: :confused:

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
Guest robert1969
Hello,

I have a friend that has found a 48 DeSoto convertable in exelent condition, does anyone know what it might be worth?

To start does the engine run how's the interior how is the paint tires chrome are all the windows have to look at all this stuff and figure the cost to fix all these things and take it off the price and then make an offer if the engine runs make sure it will drive

• 8 months later...
Guest DeSotoStan

Technical question:

I've clicked "EMAIL THE WEBMASTER TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT CREATED" & get the message: "Cannot send message because default mail recepient was not properly installed". Does anyone else have this problem, & is there a solution?

I own two '41 de sotos and am not a member of the national de soto club. about two years ago I joined the national de soto forum and then their new replacement national de soto club forum... there was a bit of a 'jumping thru the hoops' but I did it. my memory fails me as to what problems I may have had... and they insisted on names instead of allowing a 'handle'. another very good mopar forum is 'P15-D24.com'.

Edited by mrspeedyt (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
Guest William Grubbs

I have an interest in sharing and learning about Desotos but apparently it isnt what the club is interested in.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are alternatives. Home of The Forward Look is one. Facebook has a lot of DeSoto activity and is well worth seeking out. Any good search engine can take you to lots of pictures of DeSoto's.

Desotoland DeSotoland: It's DeSoto Utopia - DeSoto Cars and Service has been very slow lately but was a vibrant community of DeSoto people in the past. It could rise again.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...