Michigan Residents Read This!

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

Here in Michigan, our elected law makers are trying to raise the "document fee" on a new/used car purchase from the current $40 to $250. In fact, the true cost is actually $265, since the state has ruled that the "document fee" is taxable! ($250 + $15 tax) I guess car dealers don't make enough money or have enough hidden charges already!!

House Bill 6446 has already been approved by the state house of representatives, and is now in the state senate waiting for approval. They are trying to ramrod this through, before the sessions end this year. If it passes the Senate (and it is believed it will), the bill will go before Governor Engler to sign before 12/31/02.

I URGE you to contact your state senator, and demand that he vote against this unwarranted cost increase. Call the governor's office and urge him to veto this bill if it comes across his desk. Time is running out!

Yeah, I know this is a car forum, not a legislative forum, but I wanted to get the attention of all you MICHIGAN Buick fans.