disappearance??

Why did the post entitled "THANK YOU" disappear?? Wish whoever is causing the problems - Anonymous or not - would please stop!! HVS JR has mighty BIG shoulders - the majority of us reading the forum have missed his opinions - good or bad - those of you who have never met HVS are really missing a grand happening!! Please continue , Howard, to keep us all on the straight and narrow road to ????????

No, No, PackardV8! I think the rants & raves section can become the forum for people who don't have to hide behind an anon post to disagree with someone. I find this refreshing. Slandering people behind an anon. post is no better than those Palistinians cowards hiding behind women's skirts, while throwing rocks at people. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Wayne

Perhaps the Rants & Raves section suffers from an image problem because of its very name. Possibly something less agressive might serve better. Many of the threads which are moved to R&R are the result of overly agressive attacks on Registered members by Anonymous individuals.

Those on the R&R threads can and do disagree strongly with others on the R&R threads and post their feelings and beliefs. What are excluded are those who would spew their vitreol while hiding behind the veil of anonymity.

Maybe we need a heading like, "For Registered Members Only", or something like that. That would give the registered's a private forum while leaving the rest of the forum open to all comers.

I still do not feel we should close the forum to unregistereds.

hvs smile.gif

Howard, I agree - hate to see any person (member or not) excluded from reading any threads on this or any other website. One reason I have remained "unregistered" is to NOT open myself to undue criticism by current local and/or national club members. I am NOT here to slander anyone or their thoughts - just try to express some feelings from another viewpoint. My shoulders are NOT as large as some!! I am so glad that you have come back to this forum - your thoughts and ideas are worthwhile as are many others who post items.