Hollier Eight Automobile

jimbllc

I am looking for any information on the Hollier automobile that was reportedly manufactured in Chelsea, Michigan, probably in the early 1900's.

I also believe that it was built by a company named The Lewis Spring & Axle Company which seems to be connected with Jackson, Michigan somehow.

I am a native of Chelsea, Michigan and would appreciate any information on this subject.

Hollier made from 1915-1921, Lewis Spring&Axle Co, Chelsea; Jackson, Mich.: Also known as Vincent-Hollier, this car was available originally with a V8 engine of its own design, although a companion model powered by a 6-cylinder Falls engine was introduced for 1917. Only open models were built.

Guest carlnut50

Hello,For1918 Hollier built a 6 and an 8.The 6 had 3.25"x4.5" b&s,224 cid,4.58 to 1 rear axle32x4 tires Remy electrics and a stromberg carb.The 8 was 3x4.25" 240.3 cid,4.5 to 1 axle,atwater kent electrics,Stewart carb and 32x4 tires.Both cars were on a 116" wheelbase.Hope this helps.

• 11 years later...
I am looking for any information on the Hollier automobile that was reportedly manufactured in Chelsea, Michigan, probably in the early 1900's.

I also believe that it was built by a company named The Lewis Spring & Axle Company which seems to be connected with Jackson, Michigan somehow.

I am a native of Chelsea, Michigan and would appreciate any information on this subject.

My Mother owns a Vincent Hollier apparently built in 1913 but registered in 1915. We are based in the UK. She hopes to put it to auction soon.

I did some research on the Hollier some years ago when I was asked to identify some V8 engine remnants owned by an acquaintance. It would seem that the green touring car which at that time was in Ireland somewhere was one of the few remaining Hollier cars. The engine has an unusual connecting rod set up which I think limit its potential to produce any substantial amount of power.