Even seen a 1928 Graham-Paige "Boattail" Speedster?

A rather attractive 1928 Graham-Paige boattail speedster appeared at a local auction today. It is said to be one of two existing. It bears a body plate from "Hayes-Hunt." It is an eight-cylinder car and appears to be on an approximate 125" wheelbase and is an eight-cylinder. The car is red, with disc wheels. I'm curious if this is a style offered by Graham in 1928 as either a catalog or special-bodied model ... or was it done at a later time? Thanks.

As a favor to the owner I displayed this Graham in my spaces at Hershey. Generated quite a bit of interest until the rain started. I know nothing of the history of the car but from the talk of the Graham enthusiasts who looked it over it is authentic. Did the car sell and if so how much?

Thanks for the information.

The car sold for $25,000. If it was era-authentic, that was a good buy, I

think. A lot of people speculated it was a newer, owner-built body, as the boattail portion is rather flat-sided at first glance (but is more sophisticated upon closer inspection). However, there were still a lot of flat, square lines in

the 1928 cars, so this could be authentic. I really liked the car, but it was being sold just as I walked into the RM Auction here in the Detroit area this weekend. I'm fairly large and hadn't had a chance to "try it on," so I let it pass. It is a striking

car that is very Packard-like with its disc wheels and big chrome headlamps.

Thanks.

TerryB

• 4 weeks later...

This car is again available. Apparently the body is authentic by a known builder. Anyone interested can e-mail me and I will put them in contact with the seller. I too thought it was an attractive and unusual body style. I assume this car could possibly be enrolled as a CCCA Classic on a "by application" basis.