AACA index for for magazine

Al and Peter:

I think it to be a good idea, too. Forgot that the Cross Reference is available. Thinking I may have bought one, I started looking through my library. Did not find a copy, but, found another "forgotten" publication that is available: Roster of Members. (It lists by state names, addresses, and, AACA Membership Number.) Published yearly.

Peter, I'll lend a hand on this. Let's discuss further on a procedure. Maybe, if we get enough volunteers, each could be assigned a certain sequence of pages, of which, to enter data?

Regards, Peter J.

Guest leadfoot

Peter H. -

I know that your intentions regarding the AACA Membership Roster are good, but I personally would object to having my AACA contact info published on the internet. Probably many AACA members would also object. The magazine annual index exists in every Nov/Dec issue and might be useful online also.

Leadfoot...hope all is well.

Missed my point, or, on the other hand, I was not clear. I had no intention of putting the Membership Roster on-line. Just stated that it was a forgotten publication, of which, someone may want to buy a copy from National Headquarters for personal use.

Regards, Peter J.

Peter,

There must be a way to be able to capture it and import it to the database you are building. If it is being published, someone, someplace must have it. Unless, of course, that we are still working in the land of no computers where items are typed on paper and given to a line-o-type operator who makes a lead slug.

Maybe, considering the 25 year rule on the cars we care about, this is still how AACA publishes ? smile.gif <span style="font-style: italic">(this is not a slam on AACA or on how the magazine is published, <span style="font-weight: bold">this is just a joke)</span></span>

Otherwise, it has to be available electronically. If so, it can be input without having to have people reenter the data.

If you can find it, I will be glad to work with you to figure out how to get it in to the database.