1934 Chrysler airflow questions answered

Hi,Brian J here again. While i was waiting for someone to reply on this forum i got a little dissapointed that i got no responses but there were plenty of people who viewed the post. So i tried the same question on the Carnuts forum. Same thing there,2 responses in 2 weeks. But the people who did respond were very helpful. Finally today i got a response in this forum. Many thanks to those people who came to my aid. I did purchase the car, a CU sedan. I've been a fan of old cars for many years, have done just about everything myself that can be done to a car,with the exeption of upholstery. I do body, mechanical,electrical,etc.,and am a graduate of a technical school for these fields. However i do not work as a mechanic or bodyman by trade. This is my hobby(obsession). I recently had a post frame metal building erected 45'X 63' for the sole purpose of restoration. So i'm a serious gearhead. I however am not educated specifically in Airflowology so i'm probably going to have to join the Airflow club to get oriented to this car. A question was asked of me if i wanted this car to restore,or do i want one ready to drive. The restoration process is where my heart lies,however i like to drive my vehicles when they are finished. I like vehicles that have an unusual qualities to them as my tastes are as follows. I have a 1961 International Scout,a 1967 Scout Sportop,a 1947 Studebaker M-5 pickup, a 1949 Studebaker Champion Starlight coupe, a 1951 GMC pickup, a 1929 Ford AA Stakebed dump truck,and last but not least my only fully restored vehicle a 1960 Rambler American Super. I know i'll have to "let go" of some of these in order to devote time to see to this Airflow restoration through. I have always had an attraction for the Airflow but i never thought i would ever find one in a million years sitting rust free in a local barn. This car by virtue of being the most "wanting to be restored" will take priority over the others. They will just have to wait their turn or find a new home. If anyone who reads this would like to correspond,give advice,assist me in learning the up's and downs,in's and outs of Chrysler Airflows you help would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me at beelee87@aol.com Thanks much

Hello Brian and welcome to the Airflow Brotherhood. Yes, you should join the Airflow Club. If you have not already done so, you can find an application form on our website. Go to www.airflowclub.com. It will show you a description of the Club, its activities and contacts with our officers. It also has a pretty good collection of photos of members Airflows which covers most models of both Chryslars and DeSotos. It also has a description of our monthly Newsletter which includes our Marketplace. If you will send me your mailing address, I will send you a sample copy of the Newsletter. Again, welcome. You will find that the Airflows are excellent tour cars. They are modern enough to drive comfortably with traffic on the freeways, yet unique and interesting enough to be welcome at any antique car show. Jim Lightfoot, airflow3@yahoo.com