1920's Indiana Motor Truck parts truck wanted

Guest Indiana_Truck

Guest Indiana_Truck

I am finding a few parts that I need for my 1925 Indiana but I still need a good frame for this truck since mine was cut up. I do have most of the frame now and can weld the parts together but I would rather find one that is un-molested. Indiana Truck Co. built very few trucks from 1910 to 1932 but built lots of different models and sizes that were totaly different from the 1 ton model 11 that I have so it is very hard to find anything for my truck. If you know where one is PLEASE let me know even if you don't think it is worth looking at. I might be able to use some parts as a pattern or salvage something small.

I am going to have this truck on a frame by next spring one way or the other and have found an engine after a lot of hard work and lots of long distance phone calls but I could still use another model OX Hercules in case the one I found is beyond repair. I also need a tranny to bolt to this engine still.

Anyone that has an Indiana Truck needs to contact me if you have not talked to me before because I may be able to help find parts you need and put you in contact with other Indiana owners. There are 8 of us that I know of so far and most do not have a computer.

Thanks,

Bob

Guest Indiana_Truck

I have the rear end that was under my truck so I am in good shape there. I also now have the front axle and a set of front wheels but they are smaller than the original rear wheels I have and I think they should be all the same size but I do not know if they always were. All of the wheels I have look the same but the rears have 8.25-20 tires and the fronts have 32X6 on them. I think the 20's are right because they were on the truck and I hope would be easier to find tires for than the 32's would be. Maybe some one else would need the parts you have and see your post on here. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest Indiana_Truck

Something I never would have thought,

I went to a tire store to look for tires for the Indiana and told them that the rears were 8.25X20 and the fronts were 32X6. They told me I can get the 20's but I would need to check the size of the other rims to see what would fit because 32X6 just was not on the books. I went home and checked and they were 20" just like the rears! Did I discover something or is this something most people already knew? Anyway, now my tires and wheels all match on my Indiana Truck. Man do I feel dumb! blush.gif I almost went looking for new wheels! ooo.gifblush.gifconfused.gifsmirk.gifgrin.gif

You take the second # (6) which is the distance from the rim to the tread, double it for both sides of the tire, subtract from the first # (32) which is the overall diameter of the tire. This gives you the rim size (20). Thus a 33x5 fits a 23" rim etc. This only works with old tire sizes obviously.

Guest Indiana_Truck

WOW, that works but now my head hurts! grin.gif

I can now say that I have learned something new for today. Bad thing is, for everything new I learn, something old is lost because I only have so much room to store it. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif