hood adjustment

I need some help in adjusting my hood on my 48 lincoln. I have the firewall bracket bottomed out and the hood bracket mounted where it can be opened by the cable easy. the problem im having is it does not sit flush in the back, im off by about 3/8 inch. the only way I can see to get it to sit flush would be to remove the hinges and grind the mounting holes longer. does anyony have any suggestions. Thank in advance.

Hi, I ran into a similar problem on my '41, and found that I had put the left hood hinge on the right side and vice-versa, made the switch and the hood settled right down where it belongs, easier than enlarging the holes, which probally isn't the problem anyway, good luck, OC

If switching the hinge assemblies dosen't work you will probably have to repair them by reaming and re-pinning the pivot points on the hinge(s). Those big springs exert a lot of pressure on the pivot points and over the years they wear. A little shot of oil now again may preserve them. If you can apply pressure to the back of the hood and it goes down flush with the cowl then this indicates a hinge problem. DP