1934 airflow value question

Brian J. here. I cannot find anywhere a value guide for a 1934 Chrysler Airflow. I found one for sale thats been in a barn for the last 20 years. The person wants $4500.00 for it. The car is complete but needs complete restoration. The paint is deteriorated but the body has no apparent rust through. the interior is ratty due to mice. The straight eight does not run.It comes with extra parts and an extra overdive transmission. also an extra 1935 airflow parts car,outdoors and rusty but quite a few good parts nonetheless.I'm hesitant to shell out the cash untill i find out if i'm within a "safety zone" on the value. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks. E-mail me at beelee87@aol.com

Hello Brian,

I paid $2000 for a '34 in simillar shape about 15 years ago so $4200-4500 really doesn't sound bad, especially with a second car thrown in.

Realize that by the time you restore the car you'll have at least double into it what an already nice one would sell for and the question for you is: are you doing this for the fun and satisfaction of restoring an old car, or to get something to drive quick?

The other thing to know is restoring a depression era Chrysler is much different than a Chevy or Ford since the parts are really scarce. The other guys in the Airflow Club are great for knowledge and some parts, but this isn't an easy restore.

If you are near Los Angeles I'd be happy to show you my as yet unrestored '34.

-John Heller, '34 CV