Skylark armrests

Are the '64 Sportwagon armrests the same as the sedan? A local resto parts guy told me they are not and is trying to get me to order Impala armrests as a correct replacement. Mine are about 14" long and attach to the side of a chrome base. They angle down slightly underneath and the rear ones have ashtrays in them. My instincts tell me he is incorrect. Unfortunately Legendary Interiors and others do not have pics of these pieces and the wagon is enough of a resto rarity that they could not help me over the phone either. Any info/help is greatly appreciated. Greg

Hey Greg. I think the '64 armrests must be the same as the '65. It makes a difference whether you have the base or custom interior trim model. Mine is a '65 model 44465 (custom trim), and I believe the armrests in the front doors are the same as a Skylark, but those in the rear doors must be longer than those n the sedan, as the doors are longers. The rears do indeed have ashtrays in them. I'm guessing off the top of my head that the base-trim armrests correlate the the Chevy Impala.

Best,

Steve

Hey Steve-I'm sure you remember me waxing nostalgic about my wagon in the past. This interior is definately custom. It is all white with black dieleltric floral bands on the doors and seats. The armrests are the same size front and back and attach to the "side" of the chrome bases rather than the top as I think I have seen on Skylark coupes. They are interchangable except for the ashtray cutouts. BTW, did you ever sell that 2nd wagon, or did it become a Hotrod donor? Greg