Window regulator - 38LZ 2 door coupe

I have a problem with the window on the passenger door. It was out of the track when I bought the car, and a Lincoln dealership up in New York (that will remain nameless) serviced the car. They also put the window back on the track and adjusted the regulator for $92.00. The first time I rolled the window down, it fell out of the track again. I have it apart, but the rollers on the lifting arms aren't working correctly. When you roll the window down, the front roller comes out of the track. The back roller has a stop, the front doesn't. I guess what I'm asking is if there is something missing, or was it reinstalled incorrectly. I assume this is the original glass since it has the Ford logo on it so I sure don't want to break it. I went to an auto glass shop and they didn't want to touch it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can tell me if the arms point in opposite directions when the window comes down, or do they both point in one direction (to front or rear of car)?

Thanks for your help.

• 10 years later...