'39 Sedan fuel tank question

Hi D, Don't know of any repro tanks for LZ's, but recently had the one in my '41 done by a radiator shop in LA, it had been sitting since probally the '50's, and they cleaned and sealed it up very nicely, wasn't cheap, but the car is now running, and no leaks or problems, for what it is worth, OC

Thanks. I'm in the LA area too- what was the name of the shop? I need radiator work done also (or a new radiator).

I'm not sure if either are repairable: The tank looks like someone wrenched the filler neck off of it and bent it in doing so, The radiator looks like it fell into the fan blades and one of the inlets is missing a chunk. But I know there are plenty of repro ford tanks, I just don't know if they'll fit.

Cory

Guest Oldcarsarecool

Hello,

I realize that California is a long way from Greensburg, PA. However, there is a company called Moyer Fuel Tank Renu. They take your old gas tank, sandblast it, repair it, and apply a coating. They advertise that no tank is too bad. Check them out at www.gas-tank.com.

Todd

For what it's worth -- I had Gas Tank Renu do a tank for me five years ago. They did an outstanding job on a really rusty tank. It looked new when I got it back, it still looks new, and I've never picked up a speck of rust in the filter. The one I used was outside of Houston and I would recommend them to anyone. They were professional in every aspect of the transaction, even suggesting how I pack and ship the "irreplaceable" tank.