41 lincoln zephyr

My Uncle has a 41 Lincoln Zephyr that, by word of mouth, belonged to the wife of the guy "The Fugitive" was based on. It was in Ohio but records in Ohio are not kept very long. The car was a real basket case and he is in the process of total restoration. I was wondering if anyone out there would know how to go about researching the original owner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Email me at prthomp@wirefire.com

Paul T.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the story on this Lincoln as we know it. It was owned by Marilyn Reese(Marilyn Sheppard) or her family in Ohio. She locked up the original engine on a trip in N.Y.. It was replaced with a V8. It was sold later and driven until 1959. Anyone who may know anything or anyone with any other info contact me.

Paul Thompson

prthomp@wirefire.com

Interesting question by Paul, someone told me of a person or department at the Ford Motor Co. in Detroit, who has access to that original information, but I have misplaced it somewhere over the years, there was a $25.00 fee involved I believe, but the details escape me, anybody know?? OC

The Henry Ford Museum and historical society in Dearborn has some records available. They charge for a search by serial number. I had them check on my Zephyr but the pre-war data is very slim. All they were able to tell me was the production date, and key numbers. It's worth a shot, they may have more records for your car. (mine is a '36)