1932/1933 Dodge Sedan Delivery

Hello everyone,<BR>I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I recently purchased an old Dodge Sedan Delivery, the car was advertised as a 1932 model but I'm thinking it's a 1933. The hood, grill and grill shell are gone, is there any way to tell what year this is?? I have the serial number 8007908. Thanks for your help. Mike Barnett.<P>e-mail jbarnett@ticz.com

Thank you Manuel, no engine in the old truck. What does the "HC" mean? Is this the model designation for the sedan delivery? To be honest, this is the first one of these I've seen. Thanks for your help!....Mike.

hello Mike,<BR>HC was the commercial version of the 1933 DP passenger cars. the passenger cars came in open & closed versions.<BR>the commercials came as trucks, sedan dels and pickups.<BR>they look pretty much identical & are great looking cars. {HC's & DP's i mean.}<BR>there is a web site with great pics. if u look at the Marcielo site just previous to yours. he has a DP in Argentina. there are some good replies there if u get a chance to read them with lots of info.<BR>if u need any more help plse let me know.<BR>regards,<BR> Manuel

Hi Manuel,<BR>I can't figure out the Marcielo site you mentioned. Is there an address or link for it? Thanks again for your help.....Mike.

Hi;<BR> HC means 1933 Commercial. H for '33 and C for commercial. If it had the longer wheelbase of 119" then the plate would say HCL. In 1934 the Dodge small truck designation changed to KC. Again K for '34 and C for Commercial. And the L was added for the long wheelbase=KCL. The designation was kept over into 1935 still as KC and KCL. I own a '35 KCL of 119" wheelbase. My serial# is 8071921. All 3 years of small trucks were visually the same and based on the 1933 car sheet metal. Your front fenders can be taken from a 6 cyl. Dodge car. Any more questions? My address is bobpat1@sympatico.ca. Take care Bob

hello Mike,<BR>the Marcelo Rossi posting is 6 down from urs. its listed as "dodge brother dp6". there is another address in there too, if u open it up with good pics etc.<BR>what do u intend doing with the HC u have found?<BR>i know of other HC & KC pictures on the net if u wish to look them up.<BR>let me know if u need more help.<BR>regards,<BR> Manuel

Hi Bob & Manuel,<BR>Thanks for all of your help!! I don't have the truck home yet, it's about 1800 miles from me, we're going after it next week. I'm not sure what my plans are for the old truck yet, I'll have to wait and see what I've got when I get it home. It's pretty rough and is a body and frame only, body is complete except hood, grill shell, grill and headlights. I'm going to be looking for these and I'm sure other parts, any suggestions?? Again, thanks for all of the help!! I'm heading over to the sites you've mentioned to have a look around, I would greatly appreciate information on the other sites you've mentioned. I'm finding it difficult coming up with pictures of these old trucks.......Mike.

hello Mike,<BR>it may be better to look for an old parts car. DP, HC or early KC. they are all the same shape. there are companies also that sell parts. [in Australia & the usa] not body parts as far as i know. if u can email me i will write the internet addresses of the car pics down & send them to u. i don't know how to transfer the address over.<BR>there are a couple of books on Dodge trucks with nice pics.<BR>i'm glad i could help.<BR>regards,<BR> Manuel