1920s Dodge Touring-Roy Chapman Andrews

I am trying to locate one of the vehicles used in the Central Asiatic Expeditions of the 1920s. The leader of these expeditions was a man by the name of Roy Chapman Andrews. The expedition made use of Dodge Brothers Touring cars. <BR>I am involved in the production of a documentary film about these expeditions. We are hoping to locate one of the original vehicles or a number of the same models to be used in the film.<P>Please contact me with any information that you feel would help in this project. The film will be fairly large in scope with a heavy concentration on the vehicles themselves.<BR>please e-mail me at Expeditions@overlandexperts.com<P>Thank you, Bruce

I am not aware of any survivors of the actual expedition. But perhaps someone else will respond favorably. However, if you state some of the conditions and location of the filming, I bet you will get a few DB club members who'd love to use their cars in the film.

The place would most likely be in the Southwest USA and the conditions would be recreations of the desert expedition (sand, sun, etc). The vehicles would need to be slihgtly retrofitted to match archival footage, such as decals, equipment, etc.<BR>We will begin shooting within the next 1.5 years, this is a big project and it will take time to get it all done.<P>Thanks and spread the word if you have a chance.<BR>Bruce