New titles for cars without titles

ply33

I am taking the liberty of reposting this to a new thread. It appeared today in a rather stale thread about license plates. Since it does not deal directly with license plates and covers an important topic, I felt it deserved a thread of its own. - Tod<p><span style="font-weight: bold">At 11-11-2001 09:23 AM Unregistered User Pat Childers posted:</span><blockquote>Because I'm an old car buff myself, I don't believe that I need to tell most of the members of AACA that the laws in most states in the United States make it quite difficult, if not impossible, to re-title old cars that no longer have titles. I need your help to remedy that problem.<p>I am a legislator for the state of Wyoming, big in area and small in population, and trying to develop legislation to make it easier to title such (classic, antique, street rod, special interest, specially constructed, reconstructed, or remanufactured) vehicles. With the help of other car buffs across the nation, maybe we can develop model legislation to be used in all states as well as Wyoming. Most legislators in the United States belong to state legislator's associations that exchange model laws to possibly implement in their state.<p>While I do have access to the statutes in various other states, I would like your help in gathering the good parts of the laws in other states in order to develop the best legislation. I have selected statutes from Colorado, Iowa, Utah, Illinois, Arizona, and Washington. If your members could e-mail or mail me other laws or suggestions for legislation, I would greatly appreciate it.<p>Thanks for your help<p>Representative Pat Childers<br>26 Equine Dr.<br>Cody, WY 82414<br>e-mail: childers@house.wyoming.com<br>phone: 307-587-5145</blockquote>

In Ontario Canada all we require is a bill of sale and get and Affidavit sworn and pay the fee and we have a new ownership, this is the same setup as making a home built trailer, the vin# is what everyou want to stamp it, and use the bills ie the steel, tires, wood etc as the bill of sale.

• 4 years later...
Guest leadsled1953

i think that making it easier to obtain titles is a great idea.instead of destroying old cars which helps no one.the scrap value is very little.the states could easily charge a fee.$100 or less.before everyone goes oh thats too much think what you spend to take the family out to eat[enuff said on that]the title companies would make a little money.now where the big money is.the repair of these cars is a real boast to the economy.face it those $900 coker tires and rims[look good on my desoto] helped the coker company keep people employed. cool.gif