Help, I need some parts

Rolf

Hi, have recently acquire a very rough '41 Zephyr Club Coupe, and fortunately most of it is there, and I can repair most of the body, rust, etc, but it is missing the skirts, their trim, and locks, and the park light lenses. Reverses in the markets have set me back financially, so I am trying to economise by putting in as much "sweat equity" as I can in this project, so the skirts can be gnarly and dented, the stainless tweaked, and the locks froze up, as long as they are cheap, will even consider broken park lenses, especially if all pieces are there, write me direct at rolf@sasquatch.com Thanks a lot

Thanks for the thought Bill, I will have to check it out, was surprised that the deck lid handle that the seller gave me, has an 11A ('41 Ford) number on it, don't have a Lincoln parts book, so it is hard to check, thanks again-

Hey ROLF, I do have a body book for the Z'S and would be glad to look it up for you.<P>i have a question for you! Where is the best pick up points on the V-12 when pulling the engine?, the heads and the pan are off.<P>BILL

Hi Bill, Thanks so much for your interest, I always used to pull a V-12 or a flathead V-8 by attaching a chain to the top back head stud on one side, and the top front stud on the other side, I personally would slide the heads down on the studs to keep from bending the studs or damaging the valves, but I have recently seen one pulled from those same studs with the heads off, Your call. The part numbers in question are for the deck handle, the one I have is supposedly for a 1941 Lincoln Club Coupe is 11A 70 43511 2 the 70 usually refers to the body style, and the usual LZ designation would be 16H rather than 11A, but the 43511 number should be the same Lincoln or Ford. 1941 Ford park light lenses carry the number 11A13208, I would be surprised if there wasn't also a 16H13208 for the '41 Zephyr. Thanks again for checking them Bill, Rolf

Hi ROLF. Yeah te numbers are the same for the park light, it looks like the design of the lense and the base are also the same, maybe for mounting you may have to drill a few new holes.<P>I decided to use a 4 point pick up with two in the front and two in the back using the head bolt threaded holes and with one inch cap screws. so with my tilt bar I can adjust for the Center of gravity<P>i did see a 41 ford coupe in the Binghampton new york paper for $650 bucks or best offer It has rusted out floor panels but is complete.<P>Paul BRADLEY IN north carolina MAKES ALL THE PANS FOR 32'S TO 53' FORDS, i BOUGHT MY PLATES FOR THE 40 Z FROM HIM. THEY ARE EXACT DUPLICATES.<P>BILL wink.gif" border="0

Hi, just want to clarify this so that no one is mis-led, the number for a '41 Lincoln parking light lense is 16H13208, the number for a '41 Ford is 11A13208, similar numbers, very different parts. Sad that the Ford's are easily acquired, whereas the Lincoln aren't, just wanted to set it straight-

Hi ROLF, since you had a responce on the parking lights I decided to take photos of my friends 41 super delux ford parking light, and comparing the photo with the illustrated zephyr parts book they sure look identical down to the screw that holds the bezel in place . This delux ford was bilt in august of 41, and I unferstand that the standard 41 ford is some what different. my friend has a couple parking lights that he may sell. I'll keep you informed. <P>BILL

Hi Bill, If only wishing would make it so, Dennis Carpenter has the 11A's for sale at $7.50 each, and I have not been able to find a single 16H as of yet, for any price, but thanks again for the interest