Zephyr Geneology

I am doing some research on the travels of my 40 sedan. The build sheet listed that it was shipped to a J.E. Coberly and amazingly enough, there is still an oil change sticker on the car with the address of a J.E. Coberly in Los Angeles. Was this a large dealer at the time? Any info would help.

Hi, I moved to the L A area in 1952, and got my first Zephyr yhere in '54, a '40 club coupe. At that time Zephyrs were a draught on the market, and the Lincoln Mercury dealers of the time looked down their noses at them. There was a large prestigous Lincon dealer at the time there, but it was not Coberly, the name is right on the tip of my brain, and if I recall it will add it to this post. A friend has tracked his '39 sedan to the dealer in Oklahoma City that is still in business, he hopes to get them to sponsor him in the "Great Race" when he gets the car running. Stand by for the dealers name, if it doesn't drive me crazy trying to remember it first, Rolf

Thanks Rolf. I have no history on my car other than what I wrote here and the fact that the last owner bought it at an auction in Illinois or Indiana in 1983. Now it makes its home in Ohio.