Looking for a pre-war Ford Flat head V/8

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BILL UHOUSE:<BR><B><BR>Has anyone out there have a ford V/8 flat head.[ complete assembly preferred], with the front mounted distribitor.<P>BILL Uhouse the "Z" MAN</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bill, a 21 stud? or just early? like '40'ish<BR>they all had front mount dist. till late 40's early 50'sdoes it have to run? Or are you going to R/R it later?<BR>

<A HREF="http://www.btc-bci.com/~billben/carclub1.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.btc-bci.com/~billben/carclub1.jpg</A> <P>Hi Bill, you might try this website for help about flathead V-8's, there is a segment titled "Flathead Chronicles" that pretty well tells you which is what, do you want the flathead to put into a Zephyr? That was very common years ago, good luck, Rolf

TO the "V-12 KID & ROLF";<BR>first reply to the V-12 Kid,Ok if the block is not cracked anywhere,and is rebuildable the reson I asked for a PRE-WAR up to 1942 is that ford foundaries cheapened the blocks with thinner cylinder walls,<P>Hey ROLF I liked your responce and had a good laugh, no not to put in my V-12. Will use it to teach a class of kids interested in the flat head V/8's. They will do the work on it. At least this way they will have better things on their minds, and provide their brains with a little nostalga! I hope.<BR> <BR>BILL

Ok ROLF!, I am being up-front regarding the FLAT HEAD, since these yung'uns have been coming over to see my "Z" they got interested in the 12 cylinder which I have been rebuilding. they suggested the class if I could find a flat head V/8, since some of their relatives had older fords, and bragged about them alot, HA!. The Z is a 40 sedan which I purchased last year, although the engine ran, but smoked like chimney. This paricular zephyr is in excellent shape body wise, with the original up-holstery,with perfect orignal glass in all windows, chrome, S/S, grill and bumpers are excellent. I also have another 40 in the BASKET so to speak that sat out in the desert for the past 30 years, even at that it's all there with only one small dent below the right rear vent window.<P> fLAT HEAD BILL

Hi ROLF regarding my "BASKET CASE" You are about 6 months late as my class of kid's are learning to wrench on it for me disassembling and bagging and tagging parts. They, each spend several hours a week here and concider it a project car to get it ready for that flat head after it's overhauled to run the engine since we can't do it at the school.That MERC 4 incher could be troublesome for parts, however I'm looking at a 47 ford that has an engine and is a complete car. so don't give up hope on the Z parts.<P>BILL<P>