Future of VMCCA

What's needed badly in the USA is a club dealing exclusively with post-1916-to-pre-WW-2 cars. Maybe what's left of VMCCA can initiate some charter revisions and get the ball rolling.

Don't count on that happening. Once you let the camel's nose in the tent the rest is sure to follow. VMCCA regions are allowing much newer vehicles in. I attribute this to the fear of not having enough membership and more people want to drive their more modern old cars. Every time a group of car nuts get together who want to stop Father Time in the year 1942 others get into the club and rationalize why the club should be like every other old car club. That's why VMCCA is allowing newer and newer vehicles. CCCA is allowing older vehicles. I believe this is merely the camels nose under tent. Sooner or later the CCCA will allow newer auto also. But in the meantime I'm going to continue to have fun with my non-brass era, pre WWII cars.

• 1 month later...

Our chapter has people bringing cars like a Prowler, Various Kit cars, Clenets, etc. It makes me want to PUKE! I joined VMCCA because I thought it was for genuine non modified classics and antiques, I was mistaken. An easy way to start would be asking a couple simple questions: "Does / did your car come equipped with a catalytic converter?" and "Can I buy one like it now, new?" Our chapter is turning into just another car club. mad.gif" border="0