1950 Studebaker Champion 4 door sedan

I have a 1950 Studebaker Champion 4 door sedan for sale. It has been sitting outside for the past 30 years, but surprisingly has very little rust. Doesn't run, but has all original parts, including no broken glass, good chrome, original seats, etc. Trying to find a place that can at least give me a ballpark price of what this thing might be worth. I have a couple of people inquire about it lately, and I just don't want to get taken. Always thought that I would restore it on my own someday, as it was my grandfather's car, but I just don't have the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is mark.dickmeyer@us.fortis.com.<P>Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a condition 5 to me, i.e., restorable and OCs Price Guide dated August 2001 shows about $2160-2200. #4 is a good driveable needing little and it is $3500-3600. If it is isn't running and has been sitting outside for 30 years, the engine may not turn, gas tank will be bad, brakes all need complete overhaul, etc. If you pick up a copy of the Old Cars Price Guide, see the description on page 10 that appears to match your description. I checked Collector Car price guide as well and it shows $1575 to $1600, not quite as generous for what their magazine refers to as Condition 4 but equivalent to OCs Condition 5.

$2200 for a Champion that has been sitting outside for 30 years? Maybe $600. Look at Ebay. They just doen't go for that. In any case, it will cost more to restore it than it is worth. A friend just bought a running 50 Commander for $1500. And that is a rust free South Texas car.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest studelover

if my grandfather left me a studebaker I would find the time to restore it,however if I could not I would sell it to someone who I know would restore it. This would kill two birds with one stone after the completion of the car ou could buy it back.If your granddads car means anything to you. sell it for a reasonable price, to restore a car these days takes a lot of money don't handicap someone with motivation. make it so number one, make it possible. A man did this for me with a 1941 studebaker champion he sold it to me for 35.00 it was finished a week ago, he saw it and he cried. he can buy it back if he wants he made it possible. cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0