40 Ford Ashtrays?

I'm certainly no expert, so we are going strictly from memory here. In 1940 there were two Ford series, Standard and Deluxe. The Standard dashboard was like the '39. It had a flat front surface with the instruments in a circular cluster. The DeLuxe model had a stylish new dash board with a horizontal instrument cluster. Everything on the Deluxe dash seemed to be horizontal including radio, clock etc.<P> Even though I drove one of them for 10 months, the ash tray placement, shape, etc. just doesn't ring a bell. It was only 49 years ago. Hope a "real" '40 expert comes along to confirm or correct this information.<P> Tom

• 13 years later...
Guest Buckshot40

Early cars ashtrays covers open from the bottoy,late cars ashtrays swing out from the<BR>top, cchanges were made the first of Jan. 1940

This is correct...I've got two '40 dashes, one early and one late.

In 1940 there were two Ford series, Standard and Deluxe. The Standard dashboard was like the '39. It had a flat front surface with the instruments in a circular cluster.

The '40 standard dash was not like the '39 dash. The Standard and Deluxe '40 used the same dash.

Buckshot40