windshields

hello,<BR>i have recently acquired over 100 windshields and over 1-2,000 windshield paterns. i am a novice when it comes to old car prices and i would appriciate someone to tell me what i have and what its really worth. thanks for your time.<BR> jr

jr ~ Contact me at hvscotyard@aol.com and I will try to help. I have NAGS books from the '70s back to 1930 and can identify cars with windshields IF, and only IF, you have the NAGS numbers. NAGS, National Auto Glass Specifications is the bible of the auto glass business.<P>If all you have are a lot of unidentified glass parts, then you are out of luck. There are no reference numbers etched on auto glass of that era.<P>If you can identify them by NAGS numbers, and all you want to do is sell them as a lot, there are a couple of outfits that buy job lots, but not for much money. If you want to sell them yourself, you can make some money but you probably will not sell them all and crating and shipping is not easy. Again, NAGS identification and new condition are vital to moving windshields.<P>The patterns are a different story. They should all have NAGS numbers on them and be made of heavy gray paperboard, but as to who would buy them, I don't know. They were expensive when new, but their current value is unknown to me. Most everybody in the antique auto glass supply business no doubt already has a set.<P>A final thought on old windshields if they are prior WW II or even prior to the middle '50s. Those cars are not being restored in the numbers they once were, so the demand is deminishing. Of course so is the supply of NOS LOF and PPG curved windshields.<P>Of course if they are early Corvette, '53 ElDorado or '53 Skylark windshields you have a real find. <P>~ hvs<P>PS I have been retired from the glass business for 12 years, so nothing I tell you is in any way in my self interest. I am NOT a potential buyer of any of it at any price.<BR> smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 06-20-2002: Message edited by: hvs ]

Guest HOOIE

Don`t know what part of the country youre in, but I have a friend who needs windshields for a 51 (I think that`s the correct year)Buick tudor sedanette. If you identify them you might get in touch with me if you want to sell some individually. Thanks,Gary. kgn@midmo.com

I am looking to buy a 62' lincoln cont.<BR>and I need a wind shield> any luck and maybe a price<BR>thanks<BR>e-mail me<BR>John.norton@malmstrom.af.mil

• 1 month later...

The value of the windshields vary, of course. Depending on the glass, tint etc; and the manufacturer. Some of them are interchangeable like Pontiac-chevy, Buick-olds depending on the years.<P> I have seen some on Ebay go for $150.+ . Most of them start out at auction around $75. There are some on Ebay now at less than $75. that have no bids. <P>I need a windshield for a 1954 Buick Special.

• 4 weeks later...

I do have 4 of the discontinued door glass. These are some of my most valuabe pieces. Please email me, jrdavis99@yahoo.com, or call 304-428-3000 to discuss more. I know their value, but do want to sell. Do you have the NAGS #'s of the pieces you are looking for?

• 1 month later...