Ford 1914 Cabriolet for sale

We intermediate sale of historical carriage FORD 1914 CABRIOLET for our client.<P>Data about car:<BR>Sign : FORD 1914 CABRIOLET<BR>Producer : FORD USA MICHIGAN<BR>Vintage : 1914<BR>Technical condition : no defections of technical conditions ! (FIVA 1 ? 2)<BR>Notes : there is no mark type ?T?, we supposed that it is prototype<BR>Visual documentation is available.<P><BR> f1.jpg <BR> f2.jpg <BR> f3.jpg <BR> f4.jpg <BR> f5.jpg<p>[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: peterg ]

You're right Ted, the 'ol synapses must be shrinking. I was thinking of an old newspaper headline from '66, "Soviet analist defecates to the west". shocked.gif" border="0

According to reputable (?) sources inside the FSU, the Putinniks, direct descendents of Lenin, have huge undeveloped quantities of gaz that they would like to market to the world (N, S, E & W). So here we have the old "Evil Empire" aspiring to be the masters of methane marketing. Whew!! Don't light up. tongue.gif" border="0

Incroyable! C'est votre vielle ami GAZZER!<BR>Ted, I do believe the name of the Russian fuel conglomerate is GAZPOM so the appearance of our disingenuously disapproving comrade is quite apropos. grin.gif" border="0

hey boys this man came on to try sell a car not be slagged of by some jumped up yank takeing the [censored] out of them!!!! now i can understand why lot's from europe think the yanks are tw*t's

hvs sorry dont speak french. well you yanks now you see why people get pissed off with you your arrogant prats who dont care about any one else oh and i forgot to say at least we dont drop bombs on our own troops !!!!! look what a mess you lot have left in the past and expect some one else to clean up after you !!!!!! <P>go get a life boys and remamber you neet us in the end !!!!! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Gazzer ~ History lesson for tonight.<P>In WW II <B>YOUR BRITISH LINER</B> the Queen Mary, or it could have been the Queen Elizabeth, sliced one of your cruisers in half in the Atlantic near the shores of the British Isles, killing hundeds of His Majesty's seamen. So what is this crap about not killing your own troops. War is hell and people get killed. <P>I seem to also recall that your island nation would have been up the creek without American troops, arms, money, clothing and much more during WW II. Consult with some of your fellow more educated Englishmen, assuming that you really are English. Somehow, I have difficulty believing that an Englishman could be as ignorant as you so clearly demonstrate.<P>Earlier on you claimed to be French, but now by your own admission, you speak not even the most basic French. What kind of a phony are you? confused.gif" border="0 ~ hvs<P>By the way, I think we should always cut a lot of slack to those on this forum who are from non English speaking countries, but do their level best to post in English. English is not an easy language to master for those poeple not having English as their native tongue. <P>What's your excuse?<p>[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

look kids time to grow up ....thought this was a car site not a slagging off one like i have said before i got slagged off <P>please use msm messenger to slag each other off <P>ok <P>end of subject .................................................... subject now closed .........................................................................................................

GAZZER ~ The subject will be closed when all interested parties have finished what they wish to post. You do not make <B>ANY</B> of the rules and I believe the majority really do not care what you want or like.<P>The only subjects which <B>YOU</B> can close are those which you originate.<P>However, if all of this bothers you that much, why not just move on and clutter some other forum. ~ hvs

You're absolutely correct and as the original instigator I hereby offer my sincere apology as I meant to offend no one, just could'nt resist the splendid opportunity your precariously worded post offered, my fault. Now please, give us more info on the model T, as much as you can plus the price you figure it's worth. You mention the much abused word "prototype" what documentation or provenance have you to support this assertion? look forward to reading your ad. Regards, Carleton

IB&C Ltd ~ I am not sure whether I owe you an apology or not. If you feel I do, it is offered herewith. smile.gif" border="0<P>However, a close look at my posts will reveal that <B>ALL</B> were directed at one GAZZER and none at your organization or your post. <P>GAZZER has been a previous irritant on this forum, and I among others, take issue not only with what he says but how he says it.<P>While I am not a potential buyer for your vehicle, I certainly would be interested in learning more about it. Is there any chance that you can post a picture on here? smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

I guess one of the problems these guys from the Sowiet bloc have with us Americans is that since we have always had the freedom to speak we tend to do it wink.gif" border="0

Hi all! I'm glad, we are talking about cars again. smile.gif" border="0. Now I have some questions: <BR>How can I post image of this FORD to this forum. Where can I find more technical resources about FORD (classics) on NET ? Can you give me some tips? Thanx. <BR>Miroslav

Welcome Miroslav<BR>There are probably many old Ford experts here. Or should that read 'experts on old Fords'. Anyway, as suggested, if you can send a photograph, or even a detailed description you will no doubt get all the information you're looking for.

Thaks for interesting links. Pictures will be as soon as PeterG put them here. I found FORD serial&engine numbers list on <A HREF="http://www.mtfca.com." TARGET=_blank>www.mtfca.com.</A> Models 1914 starts at #408348, but our FORD has two engine numbers: first "15 O 5" (O means circle) on the right side of engine block and second "21-5" on the left side over the cylinders. confused.gif" border="0 In documentation of car is written: "no T mark, probably prototype". Can sombody help us identify this car ? I hope pictures will be helpful. I'll continue studying FORD resources on NET.<P>Miroslav

If we assume that this is a prototype, or development test mule, how does one go about establishing a value? There will be few (if any) comparable sales. If the car was historically significant (like the Model T), there will be historical value, but what kind of a premium would this bring over a standard production model. Are there enough prototypes (of all makes and models) extant for there to be a market in them? What kind of an export program did Henry Ford have? Were Model T's ever produced overseas under license agreements? If so, perhaps the car in question is somehow related. Perhaps there is a Model T Registry that would have a record of prototypes.

Miroslav ~ Please understand that I mean no offense and that this is just my opinion from looking at the pictures. I could very well be wrong.<P>This vehicle looks like something that someone built up starting with basic Model T parts. There are too many items that appear to be of later dating for this car to have been completed in 1914. In the USA before WW II many Fords were modified and there is no reason to feel that it was not done in Europe as well.<P>Again, I mean no offense and this is just my opinion. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Lets give Miroslav an honest assessment of the vehicle.<P>I'm no expert on this but from my perpective the car is certainly modified from original but im extremely skeptical that it is a "prototype". The car is obviously a T, but what isn't so obvious are the other pieces and parts on it. Would love to see a Model T enthusiast chime in here. <P>Peter

Peter ~ I think my assessment of his vehicle was an honest one. Not an in depth assessment, but honest. I, and it appears that there are others, do not believe that anything other than parts came from the Ford Motor Co.<P>We doubt that this vehicle was produced by Ford in its present form. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Howard, I agree, your comments were accurate. what i was shooting for was something with a bit more detail for Miroslav. Somethat that can help him better understand what the vehicle is/was and what it's value might be.<P>Peter