85 MPH Speedometer

Why is there nowhere FREE on the internet that offers free printable 120 MPH speedometer panels for g-Body Regals? There are some for Cutlass' with the rally pack, but Regals never had a circular rally pack.<P>-Preciate it.

Take your existing speedo to a speedo shop and have them recalibrate it to the metric scale numbers, but to read that scale in MPH instead of KPH. All they have to do is reset the magnetism level in the speed cup magnet. Then, make an appropriate label to state which scale to read the speed on (just for good measure). The odometer will still read the same mileage as before.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Both my 87 regals have had speedos in them that went to 140. Prod Buick from 84 Rivs,special edition models.However,these are hard to find now.I thought maybe Kirban would produce them because he took photos of mine at BG. You have to use the Riv gears. Norb

I suspect it may need other components to make it work.It may not even fit.Check at Bowling Green this year and see what they have or contact some of the Regal-T suppliers.Kirban sells a 145 speedo decal but your speedo needs to be recalibrated for it to work.

• 9 years later...
Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE
Probably cause the turbo guys have used the Riviera 110 MPH version for years.

Hi, Ms. Vasilow.

I hop all is well.

I finally got my (2nd) Buick 455 Regal together. My 1st was built by Scotty while in Brooklyn years back at Pee Gee Performance.

These days, my new .030-over 1973 Buick 455 Stage-1 V8 was built by Dan Smith of D&S Performance in NJ.

My '87 Regal is a light-blue Special-T (Olds307/TH200-OD/7.5" 308-geared rear) ... with '73 Rivera 455/"built" TH400 3-speed automatic w/2800-stall 10-inch/'84 "built" 8.5" 3:42/.

This a clip of it at Domenic's Shop. Mr. Bruno-D of L.I., NY introduced me to Domenic a few months ago ... and THANK GOD FOR DOMENIC!!!:D

Thanks very much again with all your help in the past ... and have a great week.

:)

Buick built a 20th anniversary edition of the Riviera in 1983. That XX edition came with a 140 mph speedometer from the factory. One of the guys at the Turbo Regal website took some of my art work and built me a White face for the 140 mph speedometer. It works fine with the gearing that's in the standard production cars with the 5.0 liter V8 with the 2.78 final drive. The hardest part of the deal is finding the XX speedometer. Good luck

• 4 months later...
Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE
Buick built a 20th anniversary edition of the Riviera in 1983. That XX edition came with a 140 mph speedometer from the factory. One of the guys at the Turbo Regal website took some of my art work and built me a White face for the 140 mph speedometer. It works fine with the gearing that's in the standard production cars with the 5.0 liter V8 with the 2.78 final drive. The hardest part of the deal is finding the XX speedometer. Good luck

"LOOKS-SWEET!!!"

:cool:

Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE

I'm just going to purchase mechanical gauges and have them installed on a custom "carbon fiber" plate.

:D

Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE
Take your existing speedo to a speedo shop and have them recalibrate it to the metric scale numbers, but to read that scale in MPH instead of KPH. All they have to do is reset the magnetism level in the speed cup magnet. Then, make an appropriate label to state which scale to read the speed on (just for good measure). The odometer will still read the same mileage as before.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

My Digital Dash stopped working COMPLETELY.

:eek:

• 2 years later...
Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE
My Digital Dash stopped working COMPLETELY.

:eek:

Good morning. Does anyone know of a shop in Queens or Brooklyn that can change my non-functioning digital dash cluster to a regular 1987 Regal dash cluster? The Dyno-Shop electrician told me the non-working digital dash cluster is draining my battery when the Buick is parked overnight.

post-79823-143142765958_thumb.jpg

:(

post-79823-143142765909_thumb.jpg

post-79823-143142765938_thumb.jpg

post-79823-143142765909_thumb.jpg

post-79823-143142765938_thumb.jpg

post-79823-143142765958_thumb.jpg

Guest STAGE-2 TORQUE

Great news; I just might get a 1987 Buick Regal non-digital dash WITH the harness.

I find out for sure in a couple of days.

:D