66 Skylark axle shaft needed

need 66 Skylark right side axle shaft, any ideas???Anybody???<BR>Someone offered, but did not respond to email (Yet??)<BR>Thanks a lot,

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still looking for a passenger side axle shaft? Do you know if one from a 67 Skylark or a 64 or 65 Special will work? Last I knew, there were a couple of these cars in the local Junk yard. If you can find out if any or all of these will work, I would be happy to see if they are still available. Since I would have to purchase and remove the axle myself, I must ask how much you are willing to pay?<P>Michael S.<BR>mbspears@excite.com

• 2 weeks later...

according to the Hollander interchange manual the 66 Skylark axle shaft can come from 66 or 67 Skylark and Special regular cars but not the GS 400 or the Sportwagon, and it can come from a 68 Skylark or Special, but it will have a different bearing. 1964 or 65 axle shaft will not work at all in 66 or later, they are of differing lengths. Hope this helps. I have the right shaft here if you have not found the correct one yet. I would part with it for $125 including shipping.

• 6 months later...

I have heard others say that the '64-'65 axles are a different length than the '66-'67, but I personally have had the axles out of a '65 and compared them to the axles out of a '66--they are exactly the same length and interchangeable.